Dynamics AX
  RSS Feed  LinkedIn  Twitter
Want to turn you're data into a true asset? Ready to break free from the report factory?
Ready to gain true insights that are action focused for truly data informed decisions?
Want to do all of this across mutliple companies, instances of Dynamics and your other investments?
Hillstar Business Intelligence is the answer then! (www.HillstarBI.com)

Hillstar Business Intelligence for Microsoft Dynamics AX and NAV on Mobile, Desktop, Tablet


Let us prove to you how we can take the complexity out of the schema and truly enable users to answer the needed questions to run your business! Visit Hillstar Business Solutions at: www.HillstarBI.com

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Missing axsysen-us.ktd text file

Well I ran into a strange error message today. I was copying over our 2tier environments to be on the 3tier boxes. In The process, I tried to launch the new environments, and kept getting this error message:

"Microsoft Business Solutions-Axapta installation has no text file (axsysen-us.ktd)"

Well after further searching, found out that my problem was with my config file, on the following line:

bindir,Text,C:\mbs\axapta server\Bin
So I had to change this to:

bindir,Text,C:\mbs\axapta client\Bin
Which fixed the issue. I had the config file pointing to the wrong \Bin\ Folder which was making this error message pop up. The Ktd files live in the \Bin\ folder instead of the \Appl\ folder because they relate to the launch of Ax.

Maybe in the future someone will be able to benefit from this find! Check back later this week for more post.

Find a job at: www.DynamicsAXJobs.com

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also met the same issue , thanks for your share.The problem has been solved now.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Lars Bo Wassini said...

I ran in to the same error for one specific user. We are using Citrix in a 3-tier env. and none of the other users had this problem.
I deleted the user account inside Dynamics AX and recreated it - problem solved!

2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey

Our company has license for polish language , but the polish lang does not show up in the user options (tools--> options-->language ).

so i tried to run -language=PL (for polish) using AX-configuration utility and when i start my AX-client i get the message "Microsoft Dynamics Installation has no text files(axsysPL.ktd)".

and my config files are pointing to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\40\Client\Bin. [there is a PL folder under bin ]

Yet i get the same error on start of the AX-client.

can any one please help me

Thanks in advance
Manishanker

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome. thanks. My file was just not there. I was able to copy it out of the installation package into this directory to get AOS working again.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Copyright 2005-2011, J. Brandon George - All rights Reserved